How do I apply to Villa Maria?
Please fill out the application found on our website: https://www.villamaria.qc.ca/en/admissions/register
Do you offer Early Admissions for students currently attending Grade 5?
Yes, Villa Maria is proud to offer early admissions. Application can be submitted online starting the 2nd week of October.
What are the tuition fees?
Please visit Fee Structure on our website: https://www.villamaria.qc.ca/en/admissions/fee-structure
Can application documents be brought to the school in person or sent by email?
As we strive to transition to a paperless environment, we request that all documents be uploaded on the portal in PDF format.
Does Villa Maria have an entrance exam?
We have recently changed our admissions process. Candidates are selected based on an analysis of their academic record. There are no longer exam sessions. Candidates applying to enter secondary 3, 4 or 5 may be required to have an interview.
Does Villa Maria accept international students?
Yes, we welcome students from all over the world. During the application process you will be asked to provide a digital copy of the citizenship or permanent resident’s card or certificate of the student’s and parents’ visas, if applicable with two pieces of identification showing the name and address of a parent residing in Quebec.
How do I apply to both the French and English sector of Villa Maria?
Please fill out an application for each sector separately. Remember to check off the box on the application stating that an application for both sectors has been completed.
How do I provide the required documents for the application after completing the online form?
Please log into the portal with the username and password created during step 2 of the application process and upload the documents. You will also have the opportunity to pay the $50 administrative fee if outstanding.
How do I know if my documents were uploaded and my application is complete?
Please log into the portal with the username and password created during the application process. On the portal you can see the date and time that each document was uploaded. A new version of any document can be uploaded if you need to update a document.
If my child gets refused can we re-apply next year?
Yes, you may apply each year.
How do I cancel my child’s registration?
Please send an email to admissions.
What is the average class size at Villa Maria?
Class sizes vary between 34-36 students.
Is the $200 registration fee payable each year? If so, how?
The $200 initial registration fee can be paid online (new for the 2021 school year) or by check. In the following years the fee is included in the school fees.
Is the $50 administrative fee and/or $200 registration fee refundable if we decide not to attend Villa Maria?
The Administrative fee and Registration fee are non-refundable.
Where do I find the Villa Maria portal and PS Learning log in page?
A link to the portal and PS Learning is located on the top righthand corner of our website.
What happens if my child is put on the waiting list?
Our waiting list is kept active until September of the requested school year. If a spot becomes available for your child an invitation email will be sent to you.
Is your waiting list ranked?
Our waiting list is ranked but applicants invited to join Villa Maria must match the placements of the departing student or course availability.
Am I eligible for an English eligibility certificate?
In order to receive an English eligibility certificate, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have received the major part of their elementary or secondary school instruction in English in Canada;
- Whose brother or sister did the major part of his or her elementary or secondary studies in English in Canada;
- Whose father or mother did the major part of his or her elementary studies in English in Canada;
- Whose father or mother attended school in Quebec after August 26, 1977, and could have been declared eligible for instruction in English at that time;
- Children who are living in Québec temporarily and who qualify for a temporary authorization to receive instruction in English;
- The dependent children of foreign nationals who hold a Québec certificate of acceptance or an employment authorization or a student authorization issued in accordance with the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, or who are exempted from holding such a certificate or authorization under a statute applicable in Québec;
- The dependent children of Canadian citizens or permanent residents domiciled in another Canadian province or territory of Canada who are temporarily living in Québec to study or work;
How does my child renew or acquire an OPUS card?
This year due to Covid-19 OPUS card renewal will be available on the Villa Maria Portal. The STM uses the school photo on file from the previous year to generate a card that will be mailed to your home.
New students will only have the ability to acquire an OPUS card online after school pictures have been completed.
Please note that new Secondary 1 students can get their OPUS card by mail.
You must send in the following:
Your original, paper only, Reduced-fare student OPUS card application form, duly completed. No photocopies accepted.
If the student is 13 years old or younger, the form must be signed by a parent or guardian.
Students who will turn 16 by October 31 of the current year must include the seal of their educational institution on their form. The form is valid for 30 days after being signed by the institution. After this time, it is considered expired and can no longer be used.
- An original, recent, passport-style photo of your face: size 2 x 2 inch (5,08 x 5,08 cm) or 1 x 1 ¼ inch (2,54 x 3,175 cm). Photocopies are not accepted. Keep your face straight and clear. Sunglasses, hats and caps are not accepted.
- A photocopy of one of the following government-issued IDs in French or English: health insurance card, driver’s licence, passport, permanent resident card or asylum seeker document. This photocopy will be returned to you. Student cards are NOT eligible forms of ID.
- Payment: one of the following methods: Bank transfer, indicating the relevant account holder information (section 3 of form) OR Personal cheque/money order/bank draft. Please mail with your application form. Make payment out to Gestion Termico.
- Cost of obtaining your student OPUS card by mail:
Ages 6-11: $6
Ages 12 and over: $15
Note: Students who will turn 12 by October 31, 2020, must pay $15.
PLEASE SEND THE ABOVE TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Photo studio: Reduced-fare OPUS card
1717 Berri Street, Local Gc-r400, Montréal, QC H2L 4E9
Applications will be processed within seven business days of the date it is received at our offices.
I am a Villa Maria alumni and need a copy of my transcript. Who do I contact?
Please use this link to submit a request to the Ministry of Education:
YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SCHOOL?
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR NEW STUDENTS
VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE
Missed our Virtual Open House? No worries!
Missed our Virtual Open House? No worries!