FAQ – Admissions
Please complete the application form found on our website.
As we strive to transition to a paperless environment, we request that all documents be uploaded on the portal in PDF format.
Yes, we welcome students from all over the world. During the application process, you will be asked to provide a digital copy of the applicant’s citizenship or permanent resident’s card or certificate of the student’s and parents’ visas, if applicable. You must also provide two pieces of identification showing the name and address of a parent residing in Québec.
Simply complete a separate application form for each sector. Remember to check the box on the application stating that an application has been submitted to both sectors.
Please log into the portal with the username and password created in step 2 of the application process and upload the documents. You will also have the opportunity to pay the $50 administrative fee if it is due.
Please log into the portal with the username and password created in the application process. On the portal, you can see the date and time that each document was uploaded. A new version of any document can be uploaded if you need to update it.
Yes, you may apply each year.
Class sizes vary between 34-36 students.
The $200 initial registration fee can be paid online (new for the 2022 school year) or by check. In subsequent years, it is included in the tuition fee.
The Administrative fee and Registration fee are non-refundable.
Our waiting list remains active until September of the requested school year. If a spot becomes available for your child, an invitation will be emailed to you.
Our waiting list is ranked but the profile of applicants invited to join Villa Maria must correspond to that of the departing student or course opening.
The OPUS card can be renewed on the Villa Maria Portal. The STM uses the student’s school photo on file from the previous year to generate a card that will be mailed to your home.
New students will only be able to acquire an OPUS card online after school pictures have been taken.
Please note that new Secondary 1 students can get their OPUS card by mail.
You must send in the following:
- Your original, paper only, Reduced-fare student OPUS card application form, duly completed. No photocopies accepted.
- If the student is 13 years old or younger, the form must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Students who will turn 16 by October 31st of the current year must include the seal of their educational institution on their form. The form is valid for 30 days after being signed by the institution. After this time, it is deemed to have expired and can no longer be used.
- An original, recent, passport-style photo of your face: size 2 x 2 inch (5,08 x 5,08 cm) or 1 x 1 ¼ inch (2,54 x 3,175 cm). Photocopies are not accepted. Keep your face straight and clear. Sunglasses, hats and caps are not accepted.
- A photocopy of one of the following government-issued IDs in French or English: health insurance card, driver’s licence, passport, permanent resident card or asylum seeker document. This photocopy will be returned to you. Student cards are NOT eligible forms of ID.
- Payment: one of the following methods: Bank transfer, providing relevant information on the account holder (section 3 of form) OR personal cheque money order/bank draft. Please mail with your application form. Make payment out to Gestion Termico.
- Cost of obtaining your student OPUS card by mail:
Ages 6-11: $6
Ages 12 and over: $15
Note: Students who will turn 12 by October 31st of the current year, must pay $15.
MAIL THE ABOVE TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
Reduced-fare OPUS card
1717 Berri Street, Local Gc-r400,
Montréal, QC H2L 4E9
Applications will be processed within seven business days of the date they are received at our offices.
Please use this link to submit a request to the Ministry of Education.
still have questions about the school?
If you can’t find answers to your questions in our Admissions FAQ section, see our detailed FAQ section or book an appointment with us.
meet with an admission counsellor
If you can’t find answers to your questions in our FAQ section, contact us by email or complete the form below and one of our admission counsellors will contact you as soon as possible.