We are proud of this program and convinced that it will prove to be an enriching experience for both student and mentor.
What is the mentoring program?
Following the integration of profiles to its curriculum, Villa Maria is proud to pursue its Mentoring Program, which is offered to Secondary 4 and 5 students. The objective of this program is to establish a personal relationship between two persons: the mentor, who has experience and knowledge in a given field, and the student, who is younger and looking for advice in that same field.
Through this program, the mentor provides the student with support, structure, and real life experiences. It allows students to acquire knowledge to which they would not necessarily have access in class.
How to participate?
As of Secondary 3, each participating student must find a mentor and keep him throughout the full duration of the program. This Mentoring Program requires students to assume the following responsibilities:
- Find a mentor, with the help of the mentoring coordinator, if necessary.
- Submit all required documents to the mentoring coordinator.
- Have a good knowledge of the contents of the Mentoring Program’s guide.
- Clearly identify their needs and expectations with regards to the mentor.
- Actively participate in meetings with the mentor.
- Be open to advice and feedback from the mentor.
- Be proactive in meeting objectives previously set within the framework of their studies, taking their aspirations into account.
The following provides an overview of the requirements of this two-year program
Secondary 4 : Preparation for the Mentoring Program – workshops and training of students on their choice of a mentor.
Secondary 5 : Mentoring on a volunteer basis, with the possibility of occasional work related to the mentor’s field of experience.