CONNECTION TO THE COMMUNITY AND TO THE WORLD
Villa Maria College students have many opportunities for community involvement both locally and at the international level.
Our volunteer program lets students:
- Put into practice their values of sharing, mutual aid, openness to others, and global citizenship
- Develop a sense of belonging by getting involved in school activities
- Contribute to society as responsible citizens by volunteering with community or other organizations
- Gain valuable experiences working with those in need
Every student’s volunteer hours are officially recognized at the 5th year graduation ceremony.
Every student’s volunteer 10 to 25 hours per year and these hours are officially recognized at the 5th year graduation ceremony.
These hours can be done at school or with community or social organizations, but they may not under any circumstances be remunerated or take place during class hours.
A few examples of volunteering opportunities:
- Fundraising for breast cancer or local organizations
- Tutoring at a homework help centre
- Hosting during open house and admissions exams
- Helping at a seniors centre