The learning specialist helps students with learning disabilities achieve the best possible results. More specifically, the specialist helps students acquire good study habits, and teaches them how to motivate themselves and cope with the anxieties that exams can trigger.
The specialist monitors students’ progress and work with teachers, parents and administrators to ensure that students thrive during their time at Villa Maria.
The learning specialist’s specific duties include:
- Applying Mesure 30110, which provides financial assistance for purchases of adapted technology or equipment, special computers and peripherals, and specialized software.
- Working with students, one-on-one or in groups, to help them better manage their study time.
- Working with students, one-on-one or in groups, to help them prepare for December and final exams.
- Working with school staff and parents to monitor students’ academic progress and build academic success plans to ensure that students reach their full potential.
- If necessary, the learning specialist creates individual pedagogical plans for students with learning disabilities.
For more information, please contact:
Special Education Technician