WHO WE ARE
The primary mission of the Parents Association of Villa Maria (APVM) is to help promote quality of life at the school. We work with the administrators, teachers, support staff, and students of Villa Maria. All parents of students in the French Sector are APVM members. The executive board members are elected by the parents at the beginning of each school year.
HOW WE ARE FINANCED
We are financed by the voluntary $25 per family membership fee.
The fees paid to APVM at the start of the year fund various projects at the school over the course of the year. Total contributions from parents add up to an approximate amount of $15,000, a sum entirely dedicated to the benefit of students.
- Represent parents in front of the administration
- Provide concrete support for various school projects
- Explore and discuss topics related to life at school
- Help fund projects initiated every year by teachers and administrators
- Staff Le bas bleu (sale of socks and tights) during events and some lunch periods.
- Provide opportunity for the student body to voice their views and initiatives
- Financially support various school, cultural, and athletic activities
- Support the sale of used textbooks and school uniforms
- Organize recognition activities (e.g., Teacher Appreciation Week breakfast)
EVENTS & INVOLVEMENT
- Math - bingo and activities (all grades)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Week (all grades)
- Méritas Prize (Secondary 1 to 4)
- Humanitarian Trip to Senegal (Secondary 5)
- Perseverance Award (Secondary 5)
- Prom night (Secondary 5)
- School play by 5e acte (Secondary 5)
- Model UN at Harvard (Secondary 4 and 5)
- Educational visit to the Électrium (Secondary 4)
- Vocal ensemble (all grades)
- Sports gala (all grades)
- Book club (all grades)
- Art+ (all grades)
EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS 2021-2022
HOW TO REACH US
You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org